FAQs & Addiction Resources
Those suffering from addiction have a difficult time recognizing the disease in themselves
Those suffering from addiction have a difficult time recognizing the disease in themselves. When confronted with their behavior, people suffering from addiction might shield themselves by minimizing, rationalizing or blaming. Their denial and isolation can eventually lead to their death. Recovery begins by recognizing one’s denial. That’s where we hope these frequently asked questions and addiction resources will help. To succeed in addiction treatment and enter recovery, the first step is admitting you have a problem. Then, after you’re admitted to a rehab center, treatment can be tailored to your specific circumstances.
INSURANCE AND COST QUESTIONS
1. How much will treatment cost?
2. Can I Have My Patient Records Sent to Me?
PATIENT CARE QUESTIONS
3. Do you perform Urine Drug Screens?
4. Can I receive mail?
5. Can I use the telephone?
6. Can I watch television or listen to the radio or an iPod?
7. Can I bring a Cellphone/Smartphone?
8. Can I bring books, magazines, etc.?
9. Can I smoke?
10. Can I buy cigarettes?
11. Will I have free time?
LENGTH OF STAY, TRAVEL & COURT DATE QUESTIONS
12. How long will I be here?
13. What if I have a court date while I'm in here?
14. Can I leave the campus?
WHAT TO PACK QUESTIONS
15. What to bring to treatment
16. What to leave at home
17. What kind of clothes should I bring?
VISITATION AND FAMILY QUESTIONS
18. Can my family visit me? Can they call me?