2017 Grand Rounds Presents HIV and HEPATITIS Overview
2017 Grand Rounds Presents…
HIV and HEPATITIS Overview
In depth discussion of each disease starting with Hepatitis and HIV
- Describe the history and epidemiology of Hepatitis A, B, and C
- List available hepatitis vaccine options
- Discuss treatment for HBV
- List available HCV direct acting antivirals (DAAs) available for HCV regimens
- Discuss factors that impact the selection of appropriate DAA regimens for patients with HCV
- Describe the epidemiology of HIV
- Discuss the history of HIV, including the impact of activism
- List factors that put someone at high risk for contracting HIV
- Describe how Antiretroviral Therapy (ART) has evolved since the 1980s
- Outline current treatment regimens and trends in HIV
- Define PrEP (pre-exposure prophylaxis)
To ensure you receive your continuing education credits for this training, sign-in begins at 12:45 PM and the training will begin promptly at 1:00PM.
Cumberland Heights is an approved provider for continuing education by the following authorities: NAADAC Approved Education Provider Program (No. 84491) and State of Tennessee Board of Alcohol and Drug Abuse Counselors (Endorsement#0813042).
Cumberland Heights is an NBCC-Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEP) (No. 6127) and may offer NBCC-approved clock hours for events that meet NBCC requirements. The ACEP solely is responsible for all aspects of the program. Cumberland Heights Foundation, Inc. maintains responsibility for this program. Daily participants’ hours reflect actual hours in attendance.
NBCC and NAADAC approval is limited to the sponsoring organization and does not necessarily reflect endorsements of individual offerings.