International Recovery Institute Training
Training Dates: October 27-29, 2019
Advanced Training Day: The Music Industry: October 30, 2019 with Harold Owens (MusiCares) *check training prerequisites
This educational program was created and written as the most comprehensive training for individuals interested in becoming a professional in the supportive role of a mentor, coach or companion to someone that is in the early stages of recovery from a substance use and/or mental health disorder.
Providing the theoretical basis, ethical standards, and practical skills required for services offered by Recovery Specialists and Peer Recovery Specialists is the primary goal of this program.
The coursework is delivered as a combination of independent study, classroom instruction and consultation. Educational components of this program include:
- The Ethical Role & Responsibility of Recovery Specialists
- Developing the Skills and Tools of Recovery Specialists
- Providing Safe Passage (transports)
- History and Evolution of the Recovery Specialist
- Composition of Recovery Plans Practical Application and Role Play
WHO CAN BECOME A RECOVERY SPECIALIST?
This unmatched training opportunity is designed for every recovery professional including:
- Direct Care Staff Discharge
- Planner Admissions Personnel
- Sober Companion / Coach Transports
Recovery Specialist is defined as an individual who provides one on one client and family services within a treatment setting and/or client’s home, community or travel travel and has completed the accredited training offered by IRI.