Opioid Overdose Response-Naloxone Administration Training
In 2018, over 1,500 Tenesseans were administered Narcan to reverse a potential drug overdose. Narcan can be a life saving medication for an addict in distress. The more public knowledge and accessibility the more lives can be saved.
Kaitlynn Jackson is a Regional Overdose Prevention Specialist with STARS. She will be facilitating an hour long training and providing free Narcan kits to attendees who RSVP. Please email Jaime_Gibbons@cumberlandheights.org to reserve your spot.
● Understand administration of naloxone products, including “Good Samaritan” protection law
● Recognize the signs of an opioid overdose and identify its causes and risks
● Describe what NOT to do during an opioid overdose
● Know the steps to follow when encountering an opioid overdose
● Earn a certificate of completion of naloxone administration training