Train to Become A Safe and Effective Trauma Therapist!
Cumberland Heights Event: Train to Become A Safe and Effective Trauma Therapist!
Spirit2Spirit: Trauma Healing Certification Program
Certified Trauma Therapist®/Certified Trauma Professional®
Module 2: March 15-19, 2018 from 9:00AM – 5:30PM
Cumberland Heights River Road Campus – FLC Auditorium
This 5 Module training certification is designed to sharpen clinician’s assessment & intervention skills while introducing them to various modalities, experiential exercises & alternative therapies most successfully used in the treatment of trauma & associated disorders. Participants will gain working knowledge of these treatment approaches both, working hands on in group and individual settings, as well as attending lectures and reviewing required reading materials. Our mission is to provide the highest level of cutting edge professional trauma training by providing clinicians with exceptional formal knowledge, as well as practical experience in treating clients with complex PTSD, Unresolved Trauma, Grief and other Associated Disorders.
40.0 CE Credits
Module Two Overview
Module two will consist of 40 Hours of Training Focused On: Process Addiction Interventions, Fight, flight and Freeze, Yoga, Psychodrama & Breathwork And Effective Implementation Of These Approaches.
- Introduction of Yoga therapy in practice and mindfulness used for calming and self-regulation and also to address the physical needs of the trauma survivor
- Identifying the principles and practices of trauma sensitive yoga. Review references, research and outcomes
- Psycho-educational and Experiential through power point presentations and actual assignments designed to explore flight, fight and freeze responses of trauma victims
- Define and describe the emotional, spiritual, cognitive and basic physiological impact of acute long-term psychological trauma
- Name the external behavioral and internal subjective experience of the grief and healing process, both normal and abnormal
- List the necessary components of creating an effective “container” or safe space with clients to promote optimal healing
- Introduction to the basic concepts of psychodrama
- Processing psycho drama: to provide deeper insight into patterned responses to trauma with the outcome of re-staging/re-creating one’s response
- Describe the process and benefits modified Holotropic Breathwork for helping trauma survivors heal on a cellular level and re-connect with their bodies again
- Participants will be given a wealth of up to date research expanding targeted and science based efficacious assignments and practical experience working with PTSD/Trauma clients with co-occurring addictions
Judy Crane, LMHC, CSAT, ICADC, CAP- Founder/Owner/CEO of Spirit 2 Spirit Healing, Co-Founder/CEO/Executive Director of The Guest House Ocala and previous Founder/Owner of The Refuge, A Healing Place
“Radical Acceptance” by Tara Brach
“Forgiveness, Loving kindness, and Peace” by Jack Kornfield
“Yoga and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder” by Bessel Van der Kolk, MD