Grand Rounds Presentation: Feedback Informed Treatment
Join us for a discuss on identifying the costs and benefits associated with applying measurement procedures in the treatment of psychological disorders and their effects on the selection and design of measurement protocols associated with evidence-based practices in treatment contexts and psychology.
WHO: Nick Hayes PhD, LMFTA, LCDC
WHAT: Grand Rounds Presentation: Feedback Informed Treatment
WHEN: Wednesday, May 29, 2019 from 1:00PM – 4:00PM
WHERE: Frist Family Life Center Auditorium (on the campus of Cumberland Heights)
COST: $15 – Open to the public, FREE for CH Employees!
CONTACT HOURS: 3
- Participants will be able to demonstrate an overall understanding of the historical context that supports current measurement practices in treatment contexts.
- Participants will be able to identify the costs and benefits associated with applying measurement procedures in the treatment of psychological disorders.
- Participants will be able to select and design their own measurement protocols associated with evidence-based practices in psychology.
About the Presenter:
Nick Hayes holds dual licensure as a Marriage and Family Therapist-Associate (LMFTA-TX) as well as a Chemical Dependency Counselor (LCDC-TX). He has advanced training in quantitative methods, neuro-analysis and systems theory. Hayes received his Ph.D. in Marriage and Family Therapy from the Department of Community, Family, and Addiction Sciences at Texas Tech University, where he served as a student member in university’s Center for Collegiate Recovery Communities for the past eight years. He has also worked with the Cumberland Heights Foundation for the past year while finishing his PhD degree.
Grand Rounds 2018 – Dr. Howard Burley presents “Behavioral Addictions”
Dr. Howard L. Burley, Director of Psychiatric Services Cumberland Heights, is an addiction psychiatry specialist in Nashville, TN and has been practicing for 33 years. He graduated from Meharry Medical College School Of Medicine in 1985 and specializes in addiction psychiatry.
Topic: Behavioral Addictions
Objectives: Discussion about the assessment, treatment and neurobiology of behavioral addictions
When: Wednesday, July 11, 2018 from 1:00PM – 4:00PM
Where: FLC Auditorium
3 CE’s offered, NAADAC and NBCC approved
Frist Family Life Center
8283 River Road Pike
Nashville, TN 37209
- What are behavioral addictions
- Review the history of behavioral addictions
- Comparison of neurobiology of substance use disorder vs behavioral addiction
- Identification of behavioral addictions
- Common symptoms between behavioral addictions and substance use disorders
- DSM V and classifications of behavioral addictions
Cumberland Heights is an approved provider for continuing education by the following authorities: NAADAC Approved Education Provider Program (No. 84491) and State of Tennessee Board of Alcohol and Drug Abuse Counselors (Endorsement #0813042).
Cumberland Heights is an NBCC-Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEP) (No. 6127) and may offer NBCC-approved clock hours for events that meet NBCC requirements. The ACEP solely is responsible for all aspects of the program. Cumberland Heights Foundation, Inc. maintains responsibility for this program. Daily participants’ hours reflect actual hours in attendance.
NBCC and NAADAC approval is limited to the sponsoring organization and does not necessarily reflect endorsements of individual offerings.