Let’s face it. Sometimes a club soda with lime just doesn’t cut it in the summer months when you crave something refreshing and fun. Here are 5 sober summer sippers you won’t be able to get enough of.
Strawberry Orange Mango Kombucha Summer Sipper
• 2 16- ounce bottles Original Kombucha unflavored
• 2 cups 100% orange-mango juice
• 1 ripe mango peeled, pitted, and chopped
• 2 cups fresh strawberries chopped
1. Add all ingredients to a large pitcher and stir. Serve over ice and enjoy!
Blueberry Mint Summer Sipper
For the blueberry simple syrup:
• 1 cup blueberries
• 1 cup sugar
• 1 cup water
For each drink:
• 3 Tablespoons simple syrup
• 8-10 mint leaves + sprig for garnish
• 1/2 lime + slices for garnish
• 4-6 Tablespoons lemon lime sparking water
• To make the simple syrup, combine all of the ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes or until sugar is fully dissolved. Cool completely.
• To make the drinks, place 3 Tablespoons of the simple syrup plus the mint leaves in the bottom of a glass. I like to include some of the whole berries in the drink, but feel free to strain them out if you prefer. Using a muddler or the end of a wooden spoon, muddle the mint and blueberries together in the bottom of the glass.
• Add the juice of 1/2 a lime, enough ice to fill the glass, plus the club soda to top it off. Garnish each glass with a lime wedge or slice and a sprig of mint. Stir and serve immediately.
Luscious Lemon Sober Summer Sipper
• 6 tablespoons fresh mango puree
• 3 to 4 tablespoons simple syrup, more or less to taste
• 2 tablespoons fresh Meyer lemon juice
• 16 oz (500 ml) sparkling water (I used San Pellegrino)
For sugaring the rims of the glasses:
• 1 Meyer lemon wedge
• Coarse sugar
• Ice cubes
• Fresh sprigs of mint, for garnish
1. Whisk together the mango puree, simple syrup, and lemon juice in a large pitcher. Briefly stir in the water, being careful not to over-stir and lose all the carbonation.
2. To sugar the rims of the glasses, rub a lemon wedge along the rim of each glass and then dip it into coarse sugar.
3. Put a few ice cubes in each glass, pour in the drink, and garnish each with a mint sprig.
4. Serve immediately.
Sangia Summer Sipper
• 4 cups water
• 1/2 cup dried hibiscus flowers or hibiscus tea
• 1/2 cup honey
• 2 cups 100 percent pomegranate juice
• 1 orange, sliced
• 1 lemon, sliced
• 1 lime, sliced
• 1 green apple, cored and diced
• 1 red apple, cored and diced
• 1/2 cup red or green grapes, cut in half
• 1 tsp. alcohol-free bitters
• Crushed ice
• 4 cups carbonated water
Boil the water, and steep the hibiscus flowers and honey for 10 minutes. Strain and chill the tea. Mix the chilled tea, juice, fruits, and bitters together in a large pitcher, and allow the flavors to blend for at least an hour before serving. Pour sangria into glasses with crushed ice, leaving room to top off with the carbonated water.
Courtesy experience life
Bellini Summer Sipper
• 2 ounces peach nectar (peach juice or puree can also be used in place of the nectar)
• 2 ounces sparkling cider (ginger ale or sparkling soda can be used in place of the cider)
• Optional garnish: peach slice
1. Pour the peach nectar into a Champagne flute.
2. Slowly add the sparkling cider.
3. Garnish with a peach slice, if available.