Our Response to the COVID-19 Pandemic
Cumberland Heights continues to make the safety of our patients, staff, alumni and community a top priority.
As a health care facility approved by the Tennessee Department of Health to provide COVID-19 vaccines to patients and staff, we’re happy to report 82% of staff at all Cumberland Heights facilities are fully vaccinated.
Some of the safety protocols we are taking include:
- Prescreening incoming patients
- Onsite PCR molecular testing for patients, both current and incoming, as well as staff
- Providing two vaccine options for staff and patients, Moderna and Janssen
- Having air purification systems in all buildings, which eliminates up to 99% of bacterial and viral particles
- Disinfecting certain areas on campus with electrostatic disinfection, a method that uses technology to ensure the most complete disinfection coverage possible
- Increasing cleaning and disinfection of equipment and frequently touched surfaces
When we see COVID-19 cases begin to decrease, we will work to safely reopen campuses in phases, and resume some pre-pandemic activities.
We appreciate your patience as we continue to monitor the situation and adjust in-person activities to ensure the health and safety of our recovery community. Throughout the pandemic, our staff (especially our medical team), family and alumni have made many sacrifices to keep the spread of the virus at bay. We truly appreciate everyone’s efforts and remember, we’re all in this together.
Covid-19 Protocols and Practices are Evolving One year into the pandemic, Director of Nursing Dana Mires shares some new safety practices being implemented on the Cumberland Heights campus. We now have the capability to provide onsite PCR molecular testing for patients and staff on our main residential campus as...
It’s a good time to come to treatment CEO Jay Crosson reaffirms our commitment to fighting addiction during these uncertain times. We are open, accepting new patients and taking every precaution to keep our recovery community safe.
Cumberland Heights is Here to Help These are trying times, especially for those effected by substance use disorder. Cumberland Heights is here for you and your loved ones and plans to continue to provide high-quality, lifesaving addiction treatment throughout the COVID-19 health crisis. We are committed to leading the battle against...
Please see important message from our President & CEO To Cumberland Heights’ Alumni, Board Members and Friends: We want to share with you that Cumberland Heights is taking preventative measures to ensure the health and safety of our patients, staff, alumni and community. Your well-being is our top priority. At...