Our Response to the COVID-19 Pandemic
We want to update you with the preventative measures Cumberland Heights continues to take to ensure the health and safety of our patients, staff, alumni and community. Your well-being is our top priority. We have taken the following steps to minimize exposure risk and are continuing to go above and beyond CDC guidelines. These measures include:
- Providing onsite PCR molecular testing for current patients, incoming patients and staff. This advanced testing provides results within 30-45 minutes.
- Adjusting air purification systems throughout all buildings which eliminates up to 99% of bacteria and virus particles.
- Disinfecting campus with electrostatic disinfection. This method uses a specialized sprayer to ensure the most complete disinfecting coverage possible.
- Restricting visitors from coming onto campus
- Encouraging staff members to receive Covid-19 vaccine. As of March 1, 2021, more than half of our staff were fully vaccinated. Many more have received their first dose.
In addition, we continue to adhere to the following CDC guidelines:
- Heightened screening process for all potential admissions
- Increased cleaning and disinfecting of equipment and frequently touched surfaces such as door handles, railings and counter tops.
- Sharing COVID-19 prevention information to all employees. Instructing staff to stay home if they present with any symptoms.
- Maintaining employee and patient policies for social distancing and wearing masks
Out of an abundance of caution, we have also temporarily suspended large group gatherings at our River Road campus including Aftercare meetings, Crossover meetings, the Monday Al-Anon meeting, Sunday chapel services, Sunday visitor lunch, and all off campus visitation. Additionally, we believe that family involvement is critical for patient success. We encourage you to fully participate in our virtual visitation via Facetime as well as our family counseling sessions and family programs via Zoom while we continue to heighten restrictions due to COVID-19. We will continue to assess the situation and will provide updates if any group program changes occur.
Covid-19 Protocols and Practices are Evolving One year into the pandemic, Director of Nursing Dana Mires shares some new safety practices being implemented on the Cumberland Heights campus. We now have the capability to provide onsite PCR molecular testing for patients and staff on our main residential campus as...
It’s a good time to come to treatment CEO Jay Crosson reaffirms our commitment to fighting addiction during these uncertain times. We are open, accepting new patients and taking every precaution to keep our recovery community safe.
Cumberland Heights is Here to Help These are trying times, especially for those effected by substance use disorder. Cumberland Heights is here for you and your loved ones and plans to continue to provide high-quality, lifesaving addiction treatment throughout the COVID-19 health crisis. We are committed to leading the battle against...
Please see important message from our President & CEO To Cumberland Heights’ Alumni, Board Members and Friends: We want to share with you that Cumberland Heights is taking preventative measures to ensure the health and safety of our patients, staff, alumni and community. Your well-being is our top priority. At...