- The participant will describe the general impact of common problematic substances, including signs of intoxication, overdose, and withdrawal.
- The participant will describe the interaction of SUDS and COD.
- The participant will describe the major features of common COD, including anxiety disorders, depression, bipolar disorder, ADHD, and PTSD.
- The participant will describe the general impact of trauma and related substances on patients experiencing SUDS/COD and recovery from same.
- The participant will describe the basic theory and tenants of the following evidence-based therapies: TSF, MI/Stages of Change, 12 Step DBT, CBT, Family Systems, and ARISE.
- The participant will describe specific techniques from each type of therapy that can be effectively utilized with patients experiencing SUDS/COD.
Pt/Family Crisis Management
- The participant will describe the stages of crisis management, including assessment, interventions to prevent crisis, and interventions to manage and then mitigate crises that occur.
- The participant will describe common crises experienced by patients with SUDS/COD, including harm to self or others, using substances while in treatment, psychiatric decompensation, leaving treatment prematurely, domestic violence, and life crises, involving sudden significant loss.
- The participant will describe immediate responses to the above crises, as well as discussing treatment planning for ongoing care post-crisis.
Ethical, Culturally Responsive Professional Practice
- The participant will describe the role of ethics and ethical principles in the practice of addiction treatment professionals, including the use of formal Codes of Ethics and decision-making models.
- The participant will discuss terms such as cultural competence, cultural humility, cultural responsiveness, and cultural integration in terms of the ongoing ethical obligation to engage in ongoing self-reflection and action to provide care to individual patients, families, and groups.
- The participant will discuss “professionalism” and what this means in behavioral terms when interacting with patients, families, colleagues, and the larger community.
- The participant will describe the basic elements of and responsibilities regarding documentation of patient care in the medical record, recognizing this as a legal document.
- The patient will describe the reason for and use of specific measurable goals/objectives, accompanied by behavioral descriptions of patient progress, as well as the pitfalls of using non-standardized language (jargon/slang) and/or language based on assumptions rather than behavior.
First Quarter 2023 Series: Cinde Stewart Freeman, RN, LADAC II, QCS with presenters below assisting.
- Dec 14- SUD/MH Review (Travis Hupp, LADAC II/Kay Harris, LPC, MHSP) 10a-12p
- Jan 11- -Counseling Modalities (Melissa Hudgens, LPC, MHSP/Chad Hughes, LPC, MHSP) 1p-3p
- Jan 25- -Pt/Family Crisis Mgmt (Vivian Sypolt, LADAC II/Cindy Spelta, LADAC II) 10a-12p
- Feb 8- -Ethical, Culturally Integrated Professional Practice (Kristy Roll, LCSW/Amanda Lewis, LCSW) 1p-3p
- March 8- -Documentation (Jennifer Sujdak, QM Director/Lindsey Hicks, QM Analyst) 10a-12p
Second Quarter 2023 Series
- April 12 Module 2-SUD/MH Review-Kay Harris, LPC-MHSP 1p-3p
- April 26 Module 3-Counseling Modalities—Chad Hughes-LPC, MHSP 10a-12p
- May 10 Module 4-Patient/Family Crisis Mgmt-Cindy Spelta, LADAC II 1p-3p
- May 24 Module 5-Ethical Culturally Integrated Professional Practice—Amanda Lewis, LCSW 10a-12p
- June 14 Module 6-Documentation-Jennifer Sujdak 1p-3p
Third Quarter 2023 Series
- July 12 Module 2-SUD/MH Review-Travis Hupp, LADAC II 10a-12p
- July 26 Module 3-Counseling Modalities—Melissa Hudgens, LPC, MHSP 1p-3p
- August 9 Module 4-Patient/Family Crisis Mgmt-Vivian Sypolt, LADAC II 10a-12p
- August 23 Module 5-Ethical Culturally Integrated Professional Practice-Kristy Roll, LCSW 1p-3p
- Sept 13 Module 6-Lindsey Hicks, QM Analyst 10a-12p
Fourth Quarter 2023 Series
- Oct 11 Module 2-SUD/MH Review-Kay Harris, LPC, MHSP 1p-3p
- Oct 25 Module 3-Counseling Modalities-Chad Hughes, LPC, MHSP 10a-12p
- Nov 8 Module 4-Pt/Family Crisis Mgmt-Cindy Spelta, LADAC II 1p-3p
- Nov 15 Module 5-Ethical/Culturally Integrated Professional Practice-Amanda Lewis, LCSW 10a-12p Dec 6 Module 6-Jennifer Sujdak, QM Director 1p-3p