Addiction is a chronic, progressive brain disease caused by multiple interacting factors of genetic and environmental makeup
For more than 50 years Cumberland Heights has been helping patients and their families recover from the disease of addiction
Addiction is a chronic, progressive brain disease caused by multiple interacting factors of genetic and environmental makeup. As with other chronic diseases, such as asthma, diabetes or high blood pressure, addiction can be treated and managed. We know active addiction leaves people feeling broken and despairing. For over 50 years, our residential campus, off River Road, has been a place of hope and healing. Our experience, as well as the latest research, has taught us what works to help individuals and families begin recovery. Our experienced staff offers an interactive approach to learning about addiction and recovery through individual, group, and family counseling, based on the principles of the 12-Steps and support of the 12-Step community.
At Cumberland Heights we understand the confusion, anger and shame associated with this disease. But most importantly, we know there’s a way out. Many of our expert employees have lived the wisdom of long-term recovery. Moreover, 20% of our clinical staff have 10 years or more of experience treating recovery care at Cumberland Heights. Our specialists are trained in evidence-based therapies such as dialectical behavior therapy, cognitive behavioral therapy, motivational interviewing, family systems work, trauma informed care and 12-Step work facilitation.
Our Recovery Programs
Our recovery programs are gender responsive, residential and outpatient programs for individuals ages 14 and up. Cumberland Heights offers expert detoxification and medical care, exceptional dining meals and services, as well as spiritual, expressive and recreational therapies.
Our treatment plans encompass the physical, mental, emotional, social and spiritual dimensions of recovery by offering a safe healing environment which combines professional excellence with the principles of the 12 Steps.
Our individualized care plans are supported by
- a multi-disciplinary team of physicians, nurses, counselors and others who collaborate with you and your family,
- state of the art addiction medicine, supportive addiction psychiatry, addiction nursing, evidence based counseling and expressive therapies,
- group therapy and a community of peers,
- the life affirming principles, practices and support network of 12-Step programs first captured in Alcoholics Anonymous,
- spiritual care which reconnects our patients their dreams, loved ones and the joy of life,
- whole family healing,
- recovery support services, aftercare and alumni relations events.